青海11选五怎么中奖 www.skw3.com 2012级《大学英语》（新职业教材）
With Christmas just around the corner, greeting cards are starting to appear in shops. But this year, paper cards are being left out in the cold as electronic (电子的) Christmas tidings become more popular. Last year, a top-grade Christmas card could sell for 35 Yuan, but now people won’t even pay 15. As the Internet increasingly goes into our daily life, online living is becoming fashionable among teenagers and e-greetings are becoming more and more popular. The major consumers of greeting cards in China are young people. They are always quick to accept the new lifestyles, so it’s natural for them to favor e-cards over traditional paper cards.
Not only are e-cards new and attractive, but also quick and efficient. Young people used to send each other paper cards at Christmas. But the problem is what to do with them all after that? Now they can save e-cards onto a disk (磁盘) and easily open and enjoy them at any moment. The Internet offers a wide variety of choices. Many Internet content providers---such as Yahoo, Sina and Sohu---provide e-greeting services. Many of these sites are free of charge, but an increasing number are introducing a small fee for their services.
31. Which of the following statements is NOT true?
A. There are more and more greeting cards in shops as Christmas is coming. B. Electronic cards are more popular than paper cards this year. C. Paper cards are arranged outside shops in the cold this year. D. Paper cards are becoming cheaper and cheaper this year.
32. According to the context, the phrase “Christmas tidings” (Line 2, Para. 1. means ______. A. Christmas cards tied with ropes B. e-greetings on Christmas C. Christmas stockings D. Christmas trees
33. Teenagers favor e-cards over traditional cards because ______. A. it’s easy to keep them B. it’s not difficult to get them C. they are as cheap as paper cards D. they are as traditional as paper cards
共 10 页第 6 页
34. Compared to paper cards, e-cards have the following advantages except ______. A. easier to get B. quicker to send C. more efficient D. more attractive
35. Yahoo, Sina and Sohu are the names of ______. A. Christmas cards B. greeting cards C. internet sites D. shops Task 3
Directions: This task is the same as Task 1. The 5 questions or unfinished statements are
numbered 36 to 40
The West has begun to take more notice of the East. The fifth volume of an enormous work re-assessing the Chinese contribution to science and technology is to be published next year. The first volume, which was published twenty years ago, set the tone for whole work. In it, evidence was given to show that many inventions which, until then, western historians had claimed for Europe, were made first in China. The attempt to rewrite the intellectual history of the world was not received without protest by some famous historians who were skeptical at first. China’s invention of paper, printing, the magnetic compass and gunpowder has never been disputed, but this new history has added advanced bridge design, mechanical clocks, paddle boats and many other inventions to the list.
In the four volumes published so far no attempt has been made to explain why China has not kept up with the West in science and technology in modern times. It is probable that the answer is to be found in the social and economic history of China, where a static (静态的) society under a relatively kind ruling of scholars contrasts with the potentially revolutionary and dynamic society of the West at the end of the Middle Ages. In recent years, the Chinese government has been
共 10 页第 7 页
making every effort to catch up with the West again, and there is little doubt that the gap is being reduced year by year. But will China avoid the West’s mistakes? 36. So far, how many volumes of the book have been published? A. Five. C. Three. B. Four. D. None. 37. The first volume was published _________. A. ten years ago C. five years ago B. last year D. twenty years ago 38. In Paragraph 1, the word “skeptical” means ________. A. doubtful C. sad B. worried D. angry
39. Which of the following is NOT MENTIONED in the passage? A. Gunpowder. C. Paddle boats. B. Needles. D. Bridge design. 40. The best title for this passage is __________. A. China’s Inventions
B. Comparisons between the East and the West C. China Is Catching Up D. Situations in China
Part IV Translation. (20%)
45. TAF（泰福） is one of the leading manufacturers of skincare and haircare products. With its own manufacturing facilities in China and the USA, the company has developed a wide range of products to meet the demands of its international customers.
共 10 页第 8 页
Part Ⅴ Writing (15%)
This part is to test your ability to write envelope. Remember to do the task on the Answer Sheet. Directions: Mr. Liu Kai, Dean of Foreign Language Department in our college, wants to send a letter to Drew Faust, who works for Harvard University as the president. The University is in U.S.A., at Byerly Hall, 8 Garden Street, Cambridge, Massachusetts. The zip code is 02138.
共 10 页第 9 页
共 10 页第 10 页