1. on one’s way (to) in a way in the way all the way by the way
2. be prepared for/to do sth. in preparation make preparations for 3. total
in total=in all= altogether 4. progress u.n.
make (much, rapid)progress 5. ambition ambitious
6. (sth.)run out run after run into sb. run into sth. 7. be in condition be out of condition on no condition on condition that (=if) 8. have difficulty with sth. have difficulty (in )doing sth. have trouble (in)doing sth. 9. carry away carry sb. back to sth. carry sth. off carry out
10. transport sb./sth. to ... 11. shelter
take shelter from ... give ab. shelter
shelter sb. /sth. from (=protect ...from ) in particular 12. in particular 13. be associated with... associate sb. /sth. with... 14. identify sth. /sb. as... 15. pass through pass away pass by pass down pass on 16. remain doing
it only remians for sb. to do ... 17. be attached to... attach sth. to sth. attach sb. to sb. 一. 选词填空
go through in order to, turn up, get across, in turn, stand by, be confused by, break out, impress...with, be amazed by
1. He must work very hard support his large family. 2. Your meaning didn’t really .
3. I wouldn’t gladly that unpleasant experience again. 4. We invited her to dinner but she didn’t even bother to . 5. He me the importance of responsibility. 6. The girl called out their names . 7. The American Civil War in 1861. 8. Don’t just . Can’t you lend a hand? 9. She what had just happened.
10. I the news of George’s sudden death.
二. 单项填空。从A,B,C,D四个选项中，选出可以填空空白处的最佳选项。 1. Let him ; he’s a man of temper.
A. alone; variable B. lonely; various C. alone; various D. lonely; variable 2. The police arrested the wrong man mainly because they the names. A. interrupted B. confused C. disturbed D. puzzled
3. If Jimmy carries on working like this, he will sooner or later. A. break down B. give in C. get down D. hold on 4. John the examination, which made his parents happy. A. got through B. carried on C. stuck to D. kept on 5. He was walking along the corridor.
A. back down B. back up C. back of D. back and forth 6. He me by his wonderful speech.
A. admired B. amazed C. wondered D. advised 7. The students to clean the classroom. A. in turns B. take turns C. by turns D. take a turn 8. This is a suggestion.
A. crazy B. mad C. wild D. fierce
9. There is a fully health center on the ground floor of the main office building. A. installed B. equipped C. provided D. projected 10. He was unable to his theory to the class. A. get across B. get over C. get into D. get off
11. Everything we eat and drink contains some salt; we can meet the body’s need for it from natural sources without turning the salt bottle. A. up B. to C. on D. over
12. Convenience foods which are already prepared for cooking are in grocery stores.
A. ready B. approachable C. probable D. available
13. Professor True all his students with his great knowledge of history. A. pressed B. stirred C. impressed D. touched
三. 完成句子. 根据所给的汉语提示，用所给的英语单词完成句子。
1. In order to improve your English, you’d better . (possible) 为了提高你的英语谁水平，你最好尽可能地多记单词。
2. I wonder why the famous film star since she became famous. (turn) 我想知道为什么这位著名影星出名后一直未露面。
3. that he fell in love with her at first sight. (impress)
4. Nowadays almost all the daily necessities .(available) 如今在超市中可获得几乎所有的日常必需品。 5. Smoking is forbidden in forests (break) 为了阻止火灾爆发，森林中严禁吸烟。 Grammer Relative Clauses 1.
Finally he reached a lonely island was completely cut off from the outside world.
A. when B. where C. which D. whom 2.
After the flooding, people were suffering in that area, urgently needed clean water, medicine and shelter to survive. A. which B. who C. where D. what 3.
Many countries are now setting up national parks animals and plants can be protected.
A. when B. which C. whose D. where 4.
Sailing across the ocean alone was an achievement took courage.
A. what B. who C. which D. where 5.
The school shop, customers are mainly students, is closed for the holidays.
A. which B. whose C. when D. where 6.
Ellen was a painter of birds and of nature, , for some reason, had withdrawn from all human society. A. which B. who C. where D. whom
7. By 16:30, was almost closing time, nearly all the painting had been sold.
A. which B. when C. what D. that 8.
The air quality in the city, is shown in the report, has improved over the past two months.
A. that B. it C. as D. what 9.
Your speech given at meeting, everyone is taking into careful consideration, means much to us all. 能力.题型设计 用适当的关系词填空 1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 7. 8. 9. 10.
Can you see the dormitory window is broken? We came to the town, we stayed for 2 hours. The school he worked was built last year.
is shown in the picture, the bridge is really wonderful. Charles Smith, was my former teacher, retired last year. He often speaks highly of himself, makes others upset. Tell me the reason you came so late. The man to I spoke is a famous scientist. He has to work on Sundays, he doesn’t like. That was the year I went to America.
1. I’ve become good friends with several of the students in my school I met in the English speech contest last year. A. who B. where C. when D. which
2. They’ve won their last three matches, I find a bit surprising actually. A. that B. when C. what D. which
3. In our factory there are 2,000 workers, three fourths of are women. A. them B. which C. whom D. who
4. My neighbors used to give me a hand in time of trouble, was very kind of them.